Planning a Valentine’s Day party? The most important part of any party, next to fun of course, is food. I sat for a while this week trying to come up with good consumable ideas for a Love Day part, and I must admit I only came up with a few good ideas. However, one thought did strike me that I found absolutely brilliant. Whenever I’m planning food for a party I tend to only be capable of making up the most expensive and time consuming dishes to be served. This time, I came up with something totally different from my normal over-the-top ideas. Chocolate covered pretzels. Let’s be honest, who doesn’t love chocolate covered pretzels? I can’t name one person who has come up to me and said “I hate chocolate covered pretzels, and if you ever made them for me I would throw them on the ground and stomp on them before ever letting them enter my mouth.” I mean…come on…that stuff just doesn’t happen. Kind of like that thing on Shrek when Donkey was talking about parfaits. But anyways, this recipe is fairly simple. You only need a few ingredients and the steps are extremely easy.
Ingredients and supplies needed:
- white chocolate (almond bark or molding chocolate)
- mini pretzels
- red food coloring
- a microwave
- a cookie sheet
- two bowls
- a fork
- **optional** Valentine’s Day sprinkles
- Split the chocolate into two bowls, and microwave them separately according to the instructions on the package.
- Add one drop of red food coloring to one of the bowls to create a soft pink color.
- Dip the pretzels into the chocolate and place them onto the cookie sheet to dry. I used a fork for this step to fish the pretzels out of the melted chocolate.
- **optional** Add sprinkles to the pretzels while they are still wet.
- Allow at least five minutes to dry, and then you can serve, eat, or store them however you like! They make a pretty addition to your Valentine’s Day treat table!
See? Simple, yet effective. I’ve already gone through at least a dozen of these little buggers. They’re just so darn good!