Today when I got home from school I decided to try a new twist on the typical sandwich and lemonade for lunch. I must admit, I didn’t think it was going to turn out very good, but the forces of nature and delicious food have proven me wrong.
Strawberry Banana Pink Lemonade:
1/2 cup ice
1/2 cup strawberries (diced)
1/2 cup banana slices
1 tsp lemonade drink mix
1 tsp pink lemonade drink mix
1. Add ice, drink mix, strawberries, and bananas to a standard sized mason jar.
2. Fill mason jar with water, leaving a little space at the top.
3. Put lid on mason jar and shake to mix.
4. Remove lid, pop in a straw, and enjoy!
Toasted Chicken Sandwich:
Chicken sandwich slices or shredded chicken
Bread slices (any kind will work)
American Cheese slices
Pepper Jack Cheese slices
Banana Pepper slices
Raw Spinach leaves
Tuscan Italian Dressing
1. Preheat oven to 450.
2. Lay bread slices on a small baking sheet and place the chicken on one slice, and the cheese slices on the other.
3. Put in oven and bake for 2 minutes.
4. Remove from oven and place slices on a plate (do not put them together yet).
5. Add spinach leaves, banana pepper slices, and top with the Tuscan Italian dressing.
6. Put the top slice on and dig in!